Once Upon A Time...
UQMS is delighted to invite you to the 77th Annual May Ball! This year we take you into the Enchanted Forest where magic and mischief unite; a new land to be seen and new treasures to delight. So leap down the rabbit hole and join us for an enchanted evening of food, friends and festivities!
Theme: Once Upon a Time
Where: Royal International Convention Centre
When: Saturday 10th May
Tickets: Early Bird Members - $115 | Non-Members - $130
Council 2 Guest Applications
- An example of this would be presentation of a policy
2. History of student advocacy and leadership, such as:
- Involvement with UQMS or other student committees
- Contributions at previous AMSA councils
- Other examples of giving back to the student body
3.Potential future benefits to the student body from their attendance at Council
- What do you plan to do with the experience you’ve gained at Council?
Interested applicants should complete both of the following tasks by 30 April:
1. Send an application, of up to 300 words, detailing their eligibility (against the criteria outlined above) to email@example.com
2. Complete the following form https://amsaorgau.wufoo.eu/forms/second-council-2014-guest-attendance-request/ For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Anzac Tribute Service 2014
The UQMS Anzac Service Tribute is coming up on Thursday the 24th of April at the Mayne Medical Building, Herston at 9am and is open for all UQ medical students to attend.
If you wish to attend in a formal capacity or have any questions- feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Furthermore if you are an official member of another military, you are welcome to attend in ceremonial dress.The ANZAC Day commemorates the Battle of Gallipoli and specifically the UQMS Anzac Day remembers those who were members of the UQMS who were killed in service. It is also the 100th year since the start of WWI in 1914.
NLDS reimbursements - round #2
Tomfoolery's Travelling Circus
UQMS invites you to join your fellow Allied Health students under the big top for Tomfoolery, a night of astonishing costumes, amazing drink deals, and magical music!
Dress in your best “circus” costumes and prepare to meet some raucous ringmasters, jolly jugglers and livid lions!
Where: The Church (‘Magic City’), Fortitude Valley
When: Thursday 17th April, 6.30pm – 12.00am
It’s seriously trapezey to get tickets – just click this link!
Online presale tickets: $10 Tickets at the door: $15
Pre-sale tickets will carousell out fast - don’t clown around!
So come one, come all, to Tomfoolery 2014!
SMO Contract Dispute
Dear University of Queensland medical students, |
Please see attached letter on the SMO contract dispute here.
I will endeavour to bring you updates as this dispute unfolds. I strongly encourage you to voice any concerns you may have with your state member. In the coming days we will provide a sample letter that covers the key issues raised in the attached document.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions for me. I will do whatever I can to help!
NLDS applicants are invited to submit a 300 word application justifying how their attendance at NLDS will benefit UQMS. This application will need to be emailed to email@example.com by April 2.
Applications will be reviewed by the UQMS management committee. Successful applicants will be reimbursed 75% of the NLDS registration costs, should they be offered and choose to accept one of the 80 places at the seminar.
Students will be informed of the outcome of their UQMS application for reimbursement prior to the final date for acceptance of NLDS offers.
Please note that this application process for reimbursement is separate to application for a place at NLDS itself – the NLDS applications close 9pm, 28 March.
For more information about NLDS itself, click here: http://nlds.amsa.org.au/
- QMO - Beyond Broadway
- Urgent – UQMS is seeking an AMSA rep proxy for Convention 2014!
- Grad Ball Convenor Positions Filled
- UQMS Year 3 International Representative
- Applications for the ANZAC Ceremony Convenor
- Convenors and Representatives 2014
- Notice of Ordinary General Meeting 2014
- Ashintosh Coffeehouse
- Med Camp 2014
- Nominate for UQMS Elected Positions 2014